How To Easily Adapt To Contact Lenses

by - 10:00:00

How To Easily Adapt To Contact Lenses - Tea & Curls
For a few years I was way too scared to try contact lenses but last year I finally did it. It was one of my goals for 2016 which means I succeeded on that! Today I wanted to share 5 simple ways to make your adaptation to contact lenses a bit easier as it can feel uncomfortable in the first few days or weeks.

Before you decide to make the transition from glasses to contact lenses, you need to be sure that’s something you want to do & that you won’t be giving up by the first time you cry in the bathroom because you can’t get it right. It happens to everyone. Motivation is actually the most important step of adaptation because if you don’t want to do it, you won’t make an effort to.

Don’t be on a rush

The first few weeks were crucial to me. Luckily I was able to choose a time when I was on holiday from Uni so I didn’t have much to do. In the beginning I could never put those little damn things on my eyes if I was on a rush or if I was late to leave the house. The pressure of having to make it quickly would make me feel nervous and anxious and the struggle was real.

Don’t panic when you can’t get them out

The first few times were really difficult & there was definitely this time when I was about to start crying because I couldn’t get my contact lenses out. Don’t freak out. Take a deep breath and do exactly how you were taught. It will be easier if you’re relaxed. 

Put them on when you know you’ll be able to take them out in a few hours

It was so damn uncomfortable. I couldn’t understand how people could say “Oh contact lenses are so comfortable, you’ll never want anything else”! How? The minute I’d put them on, I’d want to take them out. I could feel those stupid things on my eyes and I didn’t like it so I’d only put them on when I knew I’d be coming home in a few hours and I could take them off.

Do it your own way

We’re not all the same & that’s bright and clear. I was taught to put my contact lenses in a certain way & a way to take them off as well but I don’t do it that way anymore. I adapted myself to another way that was more comfortable to me. Find a way that’s easier for you to do it without hurting yourself or damaging your contacts.

Always carry your contact lenses case

I have to be honest and tell you that I rarely carry it now but in the beginning I’d never leave the house without it. It was an essential because you never know when you’re going to need or what’s going to happen & that way you’ll always be prepared.

Do you use contacts or have you ever thought of it? What are your best tips?



Follow

You May Also Like

0 comentários