Things To Know When You're in School

by - 12:00:00

When I look back to my experience in high school I can’t say I miss those years. The last three years were definitely the hardest ones but were also the ones that taught me most of the things I’m sharing today.

Some people say they miss their high school years like crazy and that’s fine but I’m just not one of those people. I don’t miss high school at all and all the good memories I have from those time have actually nothing to do with school. Through the years I learned a few things but it’s now when I look back that I realise how many things I wish I knew at the time.

Don’t worry so much about what others think of you

For a long time I wouldn’t wear something to school because I was so afraid of what people would think, of what they would say when I walked by but it’s not worth it. The more you worry about it, the less happy you will be.

You will never see them again

That’s right, most of the people you worry so much about what they think will disappear from the radar the minute you hear the last ring bell. With this, I mean to say: don’t worry so much about what they think of you, you’ll never see them again.

If they want to talk, they will

In high school people have a tendency to be extra mean so if they want to talk about you, you don’t have to give them any reasons to do so. They just will. Keep doing you because it doesn’t really matter. They’ll say something if you wear that top and if you don’t.

Study hard, it will pay off

Believe it or not it was something it was difficult for me to get it. Sometimes I’d study bloody hard, I’d get a crappy result. How is it paying off? It did in the end. I ended up school with the good grades that allowed me to go to Uni and study what I wanted.

It’s not the end of the world, if the test went wrong

I should’ve had someone telling this back then. Oh, wait. I had but I didn’t listen. So do listen! It went wrong, you can cry a little tear but move on. Don’t hold on to that, don’t keep thinking that you’re a failure just because that one test went wrong, you’re not.

Say what you think and be polite

I think it’s really important to speak your thoughts but more important than that is doing without hurting the other people’s feelings. Do it politely but don’t stop doing it. The minute you shut up is the minute you’re not allowing yourself to be who you are.

Don’t be afraid of asking for help

Teachers are there to help you. Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need anything. What’s the worst thing that could happen? Them saying no? You can live with that! People in school are there to help you with anything you might need, always.

Don’t be friends with them if you don’t want to

Sometimes the pressure gets too much and we end up getting closer to people we don’t even like. Don’t do it. Be true to who you are. If you can’t relate to them in any aspects, let it go. Because everyone is friends with them or everyone is making friends but you? Everyone has its own rhythm. 

What lessons are the most valuable when you look back? And if you’re still in school what is the hardest thing for you?


Follow

You May Also Like

0 comentários