What I Eat For Breakfast #1: Baked Porridge With Blueberries

by - 08:00:00

Breakfast is a big part of what makes me get out of the bed in the mornings. It’s my favourite meal of the day and I love taking some time to prepare it. An ingredient I’ve been adding to my breakfast for months is oats. Something I’ve only recently discovered is baked porridge and this is what I eat for breakfast sometimes.

To make the Baked Porridge with Blueberries I used:
   → 2 cups of oats
   → Seeds (sesame, sunflower,...) (opcional)
   → 1 teaspoon of baking powder
   → Cinnamon
   → A pinch of salt
   → 2 cups of skimmed/light milk
   → ¼ cup of honey
   → 1 medium egg
   → Blueberries

Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC. Add all the dry ingredients (oats, seeds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt) into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the milk with the egg and the honey. Add this mixture into the dry mixture and combine everything. To grease the tray prefer vegetable based oils. Pour the mixture into the tray and add as many blueberries as you’d like on top and put it in the oven for around 30 minutes.

This has almost a cake texture which means it’s perfect for breakfast, snacks or dessert. In the morning I love to pair it with yogurt and fruit. This day I opted for a nectarine as it’s quite refreshing in the summer.
*This recipe isn’t an original of mine. I found it on Laranja-Lima Nutrição, a blog by a Portuguese nutritionist.

Have you ever tried baked porridge? Will you give this one a try?

Love, Rita

Follow

You May Also Like

0 comentários