Pink Nails For Valentine's Day

by - 08:00:00

How could I go through Valentine’s Day without having a nail look dedicated to it? Not possible. I've always associated Valentine’s day with being cute rather than being sexy as I just think it’s a lot more fun and you can enjoy it whether you have a boyfriend/girlfriend or not. 

Surprise, surprise! This year I picked pink nails for Valentine’s Day and I loved how it turned out. I wanted to do something simple but special at the same time and I had never applied any kind of diamonds (fake ones obviously) on my nails so I was a bit scared at first but it’s actually really easy.

I really love light and pastel pink nail polishes and I think they look much better than bright pinks at this time of the year as Summer hasn’t come yet *sad face*. I chose the Mua Nail Polish in Lush Lilac and I’ve recently talked about these surprisingly good for 1€/£1 nail polishes that MUA has released and the packaging is extremely cute – bonus. I only had to apply two coats of it to achieve this full opaque look and I always leave the first coat dry completely before I apply the second one as it’s easier to apply and it dries quicker in the end.

The diamonds were bought on a one dollar store and I was a bit sceptical about buying them as I had no clue if they would stick to my nails at all. In the packaging it said I should apply it to my nails with glue which I thought it was a bit strange but thankfully I didn’t. I got an extra-large toothpick and applied a bit of nail polish in the end so that the diamond who stick to it and that way I could apply it to my nails. It’s fairly easy to do it. Once the diamond touches the nail polish it adders to it. I press it down gently and wait for it to try. I repeated this process three times on each ring finger and I loved the result.

To make sure the diamonds and the nail polish itself would stay in place I used the Essence The Gel Nail Polish in 01 Absolute Pure as a top coat. The combo of the MUA nail polishes and the Essence top coat lasts about 6 days without cracking or chipping. I have been doing everything normally and any of the diamonds have moved an inch which is amazing.

What nail look will you be doing this Valentine’s Day?
Love, Rita

You May Also Like

0 comentários